Steps to Admission
Now accepting applications for the 2017-2018 school year. All testing and application fees are non-refundable.
Thank you for your interest in applying for admission to Fort Bend Christian Academy, one of the largest private schools in Houston. We look forward to helping you become a part of our school community. Questions? Contact the Admissions Office, 281.263.9143.
*Note: Pre-K applicants must be four (4) years old by September 1, 2017, in order to apply. Kindergarten applicants must be five (5) years old by September 1, 2017, in order to apply.
Applicants must be of good moral character and be eligible for re-enrollment at the school last attended and be free from learning and behavioral problems. Report cards, test scores, and recommendation forms must indicate the student's ability to meet the high standards expected of students at FBCA.
To begin the application process for admission, complete and submit the online application and provide the documents below to the Admissions Office. The non-refundable Application Fee is $150 per student, payable by credit card at the time the online application is submitted.
A new and separate online application must be completed for each child applying for admission.
- Copy of the applicant's birth certificate (NOTE: Birth certificates are those issued by any state´s Bureau of Vital Statistics. Hospital souvenirs are NOT acceptable. If your child does not have a birth certificate AND he/she was born in any county in the state of Texas, you may obtain a birth certificate through the District Clerk of Fort Bend County. The office is located at 301 Jackson Street in Richmond, TX, 281-341-8652.)
- Copy of immunization records
- Most recent report card and final report cards from the previous three years
- Score reports from the previous achievement and/or standardized tests including PSAT, SAT and ACT test scores for Middle School and High School.
- Results from previous special testing (e.g. psychoeducational testing, reading, learning, attention difficulties, etc.) including 504/IEP with modification plan, if applicable
- Required recommendation forms will be sent via email to current year's teachers.
- Grades PK-4 - One (1) recommendation form is required
- Grades 5-12 - Four (4) recommendation forms are required (Math Teacher, English Teacher, Pastor/Minister, and Counselor). The current school must also submit discipline and attendance records.
- Admissions Test (scheduled after online application is submitted)
- Grades PK- 4, the Admissions Testing Fee is included in the $150 Application Fee. Registration for test dates will be available online starting January 2017. Once we receive your application, a confirmation email will be sent to you with a link to register each applicant and select a test date. Be sure to follow this link to register each applicant for an admissions test.
- Grades 5 -12, click HERE to register for the ISEE Test. The ISEE (Independent School Entrance Examination) is a nationally normed, standardized test held at sites throughout the Houston area. The testing fee is $105.00 and is paid directly to ERB (Educational Record Bureau). You must register at least three (3) weeks prior to your selected test date to avoid late registration fees.
Recommendations: Teachers listed in the application will receive an electronic recommendation form via email.
Candidate: Applicants become a candidate for admission when all of the above documentation is received. Candidates whose documents and testing meet the criteria defined by the Admissions Committee will be contacted by FBCA to schedule an interview.
Download and read the Declaration of Values booklet. You will be asked about this information during the parent interview.
Ready for Decision: On completion of the interview, the candidate's files are ready for decision and will be reviewed by the FBCA Admissions Committee. All candidates will be notified by mail and email of the admissions Committee decision. If a candidate is accepted as a student, information regarding online enrollment will be included in the notification letter. A student’s name will be placed on a grade level roster only after the Online Enrollment Form, which includes contract terms for tuition and the non-refundable $500.00 New Student Enrollment Fee, has been submitted.
Fort Bend Christian Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnic background or national origin in its admission or educational policies. FBCA may not have facilities or staff for the education of students with some special education or emotional needs. In the best interest of students with these needs, we may not be able to consider them for admission.